Friday, February 8, 2013

MLB Predictions

Hi everyone!!! This is Charles and I'm here to talk about my predictions on what will happen in the 2013 season. I will talk about my predictions on who will be in the World Series and who will win it all, who will win AL and NL MVP, which managers in the AL and NL will win Manager of the Year and who will win the AL and NL CY Young. I will also talk about my surprise teams in 2013.


According to Vegas, right now the Blue Jays have the best odds at winning the World Series with their odds being at 7 to 1. The Dodgers and the Nationals both have an 8 to 1 chance at winning the World Series. The Angels and the Tigers both have a 9 to 1 shot at winning the World Series. The Yankees, Braves and Giants odds are at 12 to 1, the Reds and Rangers odds are at 14 to 1, the Phillies have a 18 to 1 chance, the Cardinals have a 22 to 1 chance, the Rays have a 25 to 1 shot, the Red Sox have a 28 to 1 chance, the Athletics have a 30 to 1 chance, the Brewers have a 35 to 1 chance, the Orioles and White Sox both have a 40 to 1 chance, the Diamondbacks, Royals and Pirates have a 50 to 1 chance, the Indians, Mariners and Padres have a 75 to 1 chance, the Cubs, Rockies, Marlins, Twins and Mets have a 100 to 1 shot and the Astros round it out by have a 200 to 1 chance at winning the 2013 World Series. My prediction on who will make it to the 2013 World Series is the Tigers and the Dodgers and I think the Tigers are going to win it all. I’m not being biased even though I’m a Tigers fan but they have the same team coming back this year as they did last year when they went to the World Series. There only significant additions are Victor Martinez and Torii Hunter. I think there only going to get better. The Dodges also have a pretty good team with Hanley Ramirez, Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, Josh Beckett, Zach Greinke and Clayton Kershaw.

My prediction for AL MVP is Prince Fielder and my prediction for NL MVP is Yadier Molina. I think Fielder will get it because a lot of pitchers will end up walking Miguel Cabrera and I think Prince will make pitchers pay for walking Cabrera. If Fielder does get AL MVP it’ll be the third straight year a Tiger has won the award. I think Molina will win the NL MVP because I think the Cardinals will shock some people and make the playoffs and they will be led by him. I think the AL Manager of the Year will go to John Gibbons of the Blue Jays and Mike Matheny. I believe that the AL Cy Young will go to Justin Verlander and the NL Cy Young will go to Clayton Kershaw.

1 comment:

  1. I think the tigers do have a good shot at winning the world series Im not a big baseball fan but I do follow a little bit. I know last year in the world series they got blown out but I know they have the same people coming back and in fact they added a couple of good editions. So I do think the tigers can make a run for it. However it will be an interesting season because as we all know anything can happen who knows maybe the cubs will finally win one. Its a long shot but after following sports for so long I have come to realize that sports are really unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete